Sunday, November 1, 2009

Its A New Month......................

Its a new month... November. A very interesting month. Funny, when I think of November, I keep remembering a big bonfire and Guy Fox.... its a Scottish tradition I think... when I was growing up in Scotland. Every November we would have a Guy Fox celebration, where we'd make a hay man in class, and on the 5th of November throw him into a big bonfire. It had something to do with executing traitors I think - but it was an interesting celebration to see, especially in the cold Autumn air. Yes, I miss living in Europe although I've been away for more than 20 years. Perhaps I shall return to live there in a few more years, but only time and God will tell. I miss the changing seasons,Malaysia to me is a bit too hot to my liking.

Its a start of a new month and I always believe that a new month hails new luck and opportunities. I'm praying hard for all the help I can get. Its not easy being a young naive girl in the big corporate world. Trying to keep myself afloat as well as expanding my horizons is not so easy. But I'll get through. God will help because I believe it.

Its going to be a real hectic month. Clients are increasing which is good. I need to do another round of debt negotiating and that is highly stressful. Still in negotiations to secure external funds for the Company. On top of that - trying to keep myself afloat. Another month like this, I'd be getting permanent natural highlights soon. Plus, I need to prepare to go off to Padang on the 14th for the relief mission, I'm really praying that no more earth quakes when I'm there.

But its not all that bad. A good friend of mine called just now to inform progress on our little secret project. Fastidious she definitely is, for she's even come out with concept slides. Salute to you my friend, I will definitely work hard on my side too. This morning also I received 2 separate calls concerning potential financial assistance which hopefully would materialize. And my Aussie friend called me all the way from Australia because I've been really quiet lately and he missed me. Plus his friend is coming down and wanted supplies of some specific traditional remedy to market in Australia that I happen to be friends with one of the manufacturers.

Last weekend, I was alone. One of my oldest best friends came over with her son and I whipped up a nice tomato sauce marinara spaghetti. I even made dinner rolls.. but it came out a bit hard - perhaps because I didn't knead it in enough, or maybe because i reduced the yeast. Its a first time, so I won't kill myself over it. Am actually thinking of alternatives to the common food I buy everyday - who knows I want to retreat to a quite cabin somewhere where all forms of instant foods are difficult to come by. Wistful thinking.....

Well we had a wonderful pasta lunch, coupled with sparkling red grape juice. But I guess in my heart I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice to have a guy to pamper all day on my off day? It was a pleasure on my part, therapeutic in many sense, a wonderful experience for that lucky guy. But I know myself, it can't be any guy, it has to be a guy I'm comfortable with and I love. Then after lunch cuddle up on my super comfy sofa and watch a movie or something... I miss having those peaceful cuddle up days. Its good for the soul, you feel loved.

Despite my so called complicated work, complicated background, I realize that now I am a very simple person. I can make do with whatever I have, I have no lust for shiny blings, and all I want most is to have a simple life and be happy. Insya Allah, I will achieve that simple life of happiness that I crave. Sometimes you get tired with all the bustling activities around you, you just want to take everything a day at a time. I wonder will will I ever really settle down.

No comments: