Friday, April 3, 2009

What do you do when you are stressed up.......?

What do you do if you are stressed up? Here are some of my not so successful and quite okay ways of releasing stress.

1. Retail therapy
This was definitely my favourite but it had downsides that I had to learn the hard way. It was a subconsciously taught behaviour from my mum because since I was young, I remembered how my mum would ask me to accompany her to Habib Jewels or some perfume counter each time she was pissed with my dad, and she'd buy something nice without even wincing at the price tag. During my growing up years, I would say I was quite the shopaholic. I was obsessed with shoes, dresses, perfume and a lot of things. I would spend an average of 1-2K on a shopping spree, the bigger the stress, the more I tend to spend. And having credit cards made it worst. The last splurge I made was more than 6 months ago which was my mac book. I've been trying hard to be a good girl since then.

2. Ice cream
Comfort food... yum yum. When I was in Form 5, I ate 10 sticks of splits after doing biology paper SPM... call me nutts. I was that upset. I still love ice cream, but I hate taking it alone....

3. Sleep
Its anomaly for me to sleep a lot. I'm usually so hyper. But soemtimes when I get too stressed up I can sleep more than 12 hours or at least mope in my room for a whole day.

4. Go on a roller coaster.
I love joy rides, thriller rides and things that turn you upside down topsy turvy.... the adrenaline rush is exhilarating. Unfortunately rides here are not as long.

5. Long drive.
Those who know me well knows that if I suddenly pack my stuff and head out of town, okay must have a lot of things on my brain to digest. I've driven >400km in one journey, without any true destination. Luckily the peninsular is not so big, or else god knows where I'd find myself.

6. Karaoke sessions....
Yeah, its great to exercise your vocal cords and scream your lungs out. Also a good reason to scream your tensions out.

7. A nice warm bath.
It is always sooooooooo relaxing to lie in a hot tub with vanilla candles surrounding it and rose essence in the water. Unfortunately, I wouldn't dare use my 13 year old bath tub so I have to wait for my own loft to enjoy this. Or perhaps I could book a suite and stay in the hotel and enjoy the nice bath, but even hotel baths are not particularly clean.

Okie.. can't think of anymore..... and have to go out.

No comments: