Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finally... the verdict....

It has been a day full of suspense and drama. Believe me, it was mentally and emotionally exhausting. I have been on a happy streak for the past two weeks which has helped my business a lot. Now came a very important day.

Today I attended court session after so many times going up and down for my kids. I have actually come to the verge of ignoring everything and stop fighting, if not for my lawyer who has been faithfully reminding me of the cause. Prior to court, a lengthy discussion with my lawyer and a few family meetings has led to a proposal for solution in view of our child custody case. I was willing to give up Aina's custody to the father as an attempt to resolve this issue fast. Initially, my ex refused giving all sorts of excuses. But a quick save plan by my lawyer who asked for another chance of reconciliation finally led to the decision that is now made into order.

So now the custody of the kids are as follows - Aina's custody to the father, while Nabilah remains under my care. Every weekend the kids are to meet and alternated between both parents. For school holidays, the days will be split, whilst raya alternated each year.

I guess its the best for all of us, although some may argue that the kids will have completely different backgrounds, but at least there is no more fighting, and there is stability, and each parent just needs to concentrate on one child at a time until any one of us decides to expand another family, or until any one of them decide to live with any one of us instead.

A great relief. I thank God for his Grace and Mercy. I was already at the verge of not caring anymore. And now its time to plan on the remainder of my life, where I want to go, what I want to achieve, when i want to resettle down again, and how I want to plan for my little daughter. I'm sure God will always guide me to give me the best in everything I do. Amen.

No comments: