Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wonderful Weekend of Bonding Time...

The weekend is over and my little girl is fast asleep next to me. I can her a faint snore as she cuddles onto a pillow with her bottle in her mouth. It is a complete blessing to be able to see my baby sleep, as I recalled months earlier she was taken away from me. Although at times, I do miss my elder daughter, but I just pray that she is happy and that her father treats her well.

So its just me and Nabilah for the weekend. We didn't really do much at all, except enjoyed each others company. It was a lazy weekend where both of us decided to stay in most of the time. On Saturday, we woke early around 9, showered together, visited nasi lemak stall we normally frequented, sent the car for a nice vacuum and then visited my friend who's daughter was admitted in Ampang Puteri for a viral illness. It was midday and my face hurt due to recent treatment with laser.

So after that we headed home and cuddled on the couch whilst watching Simpsons and then my little girl fell asleep in my arms. I guess I must have dozed off awhile later and we woke up nearing 5pm. Hungry, we drove to Ampang Point and had a lunch cum dinner at Octopus because Nabilah loves the miso. We were joined by my bestfriend Farah before we headed of to Cheras to see our newest addition to the family, my new niece. Returned home, hugged each other and went to bed while I surfed the net awhile.

Sunday was even more lazing around. We both woke up almost 9 but lazed in bed till 10am. Then we went down and had peanut butter and nutella toast for breakfast while watching Nemo. My maid came to take some stuff and then we continued lounging on the sofa. I baked my last frozen lasagna, while Nabilah took a long bath with her coloured balls. Then it was back to lounging on the sofa and it started to rain. Nabilah slept again, perhaps after the nice bath and mummy's massage, plus the rain and dark weather and I happily joined her. I woke up at 4pm, and then jumped into the shower. Yeah, I was smelly the whole day but it was nice to relax once in a while.

After dusk and prayers, we had dinner with a girlfriend in Ampang at Ampang Yong Tau Foo. Nabilah has a thing for tofu, so she had fun eating. It drizzled and my partner called me and asked me to come to my coffee shop in Bangsar. So we both went there, in the rain, spent a few hours and returned home. Back home, Nabilah crawled into bed, bottle in her mouth and after saying a prayer for her, she drifted to sleep.

It may have been a quiet weekend with minimal activities except hugging and sleeping, but it was a happy one. Nabilah appears more settled as she got to spend 2 whole days with me without me disappearing in my car after a long week of constant working. Tomorrow is Monday, and its another hectic week. I wonder what else we have planned for next weekend...

No comments: