Monday, June 15, 2009

Now I understand why God gave me kids early......

Its funny when you look upon your life in the past and start thinking, if there was anything you could change would you do it any different? Despite of a lot of heartache int he past, the answer to that question would still remain as a NO. Regardless of what has occurred in the past, it is what makes me who I am now.

Yes, I am not perfect, but at least I know who I am, I know what I want, and I know where I am heading. On top of all that I deeply believe my faith will guide me to a better life.

2 weeks ago, my little baby was sent to her daddy for the holidays. It was the most torturous fortnight ever for me. I noticed that I worked non-stop with little regard to myself. I barely ate, I barely slept. Sometimes I came home, sometimes I didn't. I went on more impromtu dates, although I have no interest in starting any new relationships at the moment. There was like a great chasm in my life, something of utmost importance.

And when she came back yesterday, I slept better, I smiled more. I was happier, I wanted to be home more. I guess if I didn't have kids, I would completely neglect myself, my life would not be stabilized, I wouldn't be focused. Definitely, they are an important part of me, that makes me work hard everyday to ensure that my two princesses would have a secured future.

When it comes to settling down again with a man, its not that I'm against the idea, but now isn't the best time perhaps. I cannot commit to the person, I am too independent and my children still need most of my attention. The only benefit would be sex, but after 3 years without it, well its not that bad.

But yesterday was the past, I'm living today, and tomorrow is a new day. I'm leaving relationship issues to God - I seem to suck bad when I try to have it my way.

No comments: