Thursday, June 4, 2009

2 years of change......

Yesterday I celebrated my second year anniversary as a single mama. It has been a very eventful 2 years with great changes to my live, my perceptions, and my goals. A lot of things have started to settle around me like the custody of the kids, my new business, my family and even my ex has decided to move by getting engaged this week.

After getting out of the marriage, I was extremely keen to settle down again, find a better guy and start the process of making offsprings. But after 2 years of being single and a few failed relationships, I finally understood that it was not just about settling down with any better guy. It was more of finding the right person that can handle my multiple personalities, extremely hyperactive brain, naughty but amiable nature and physical needs. My mistake in the past was trying to accommodate all the guys needs without actually realizing that in the long run, I would tire out because it was a one sided relationship. I needed something more than just a highly testosteroned being by my side. I needed someone that I could respect and admire, which would me that they should possess a certain intellectual level that could match mine, certain achievements in career and finances ideally better than mine, certain etiquettes and manners that would make me maintain mine, but at the same time is comfortable around me that they could just be themselves and so I could just be silly me. Am I asking for too much?

Looking back in the past 2 years, I have already received at least 4 marriage proposals which I had to decline. I'm having too much fun being single and doing my own thing without having to report to anyone except my dad perhaps. Still, if I do meet any guys that seem to pique my interest, the next thing is to ask God. If he's meant to be with me or our paths should intertwine further bring him closer, if he's not then send him far away and make me forget. Although I do miss being swept madly in love with a man, but for now its not the right time yet. God will let know when the right time for any serious relationships should occur, and definitely I'll know it.

No comments: