Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another hectic weekend......

Its another weekend with the kids, although it started a bit late because I was busy all of Saturday. Sunday Morning was lazy as usual, me being such a busy bee most of the time took the liberty of lazing around more.
So what was interesting this past weekend. Well I had both my girls, they were definitely a handful. Not just the hyperactiveness and the screams, even when they sleep they seem to argue and I find myself punched and pinched at 3-4 am causing me to be so wide awake that I can barely sleep after that. Late onset insomnia is always so bothersome, especially when you have issues in your head.
So today I officially got out of bed and showered at 12 noon despite the many protests from my little girls. I was so hungry when I got up. It took me awhile to realize I only had McDonalds for lunch yesterday and nothing else till today. After a quick shower, I took everyone out for a traditional 'nasi campur' lunch. Been ages since I last went there. It was a nice variety of dishes to choose from, although it was a bit too warm, but the food was nice. Back home, I was contemplating whether to take my cat to the vet or doze again.. Ended up dozing awhile before my brother called to announce he was already in KL.
So I packed my swimsuit and my kids and we went to join my brother in Concorde. My kids were ecstatic to be able to swim on a warm sunny afternoon, and so was I. I managed 6 laps in the big pool, taking my time to enjoy the KL skyline in the afternoon. Honestly, I felt all my muscles ache the first few laps. I admit I have been slacking on my workouts for the past couple of weeks. My little girl made my treadmill key disappear and I was too lazy to find some other alternatives except some occasional dancing at night. Still, it was no excuse. I need to be more consistent in working out.
After wards, my brother treated us to a nice buffet at the restaurant below. There was a nice Sunday promo that was a real good deal. There were most of the things I liked - oysters, sushi, beef ribs, lamb, tempanyaki, tempura, salads, cheese, biryani and a wide selection of dessert. I haven't been eating much for the past 2 weeks since my bad migraine attack, but perhaps the swim really whet my appetite. My girls enjoyed themselves so much or perhaps a little bit too much. I gave them chocolate dessert that got them all hyper. Then at 10 pm, I had to go and send my little girl back to her father. A small argument late night with my former husband for being such an idiot and then back home again.
A simple weekend, but at least we had a lot of quality time together. Okay.. time for bed.

No comments: