Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just a thought.....

I was sitting at my coffee shop today, passing time and chatting with my manager. He was having a headache with his ex-girlfriend, whom, apparently is no longer his girlfriend but still seems to control his life. I simply said, to me ex's are ex's. There will be no second chance. But he told me that deep inside she still loved her, its just that he wanted to see as time goes, how she is. Okie, quite understandable. Then I told him about how I'd react to a guy I loved. I would give him everything, and anything, even build a business empire for him, build buildings, move mountains, go to the moon even.
And that's where I stopped. And then back tracked. Perhaps that was my problem all along. I tend to give too much to the guy I love. My lawyer reminded to me about women tend to not change, thus would attract the same type of man. And I guess my noggles started thinking. Perhaps because I am such an all-rounder, born high achiever and extremely curious, I tend to like to do things my way, and get things done good makes me attract men who prefer stuff being done by other people, rather than attempt things by themselves....
So perhaps I should play damsel in distress more often, than become handy manny most of the time. And I guess I should adopt my dumb bimbo act like I usually play in social meetings to get more out of a deal. Or maybe my school girl innocent look when I deal with government agencies to get stuff done for me.
At the end of the day, men just love to be heroes. It helps keep their ego in check. So perhaps the next guy who pops along, I should be more reserve and refrain from moving mountains too much. After all, you can't expect to be saved by a prince if you appear mightier than the prince.

No comments: