Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wonderful week...

I love Octobers. I love it because its the month of my birthday. And my birthday happen to be on the last day of the Libras. One day more and I'd be a Scorpio. My birthday as most people would know, is the most important day of my life because it is uniquely to me. If I was born on some other date, then I wouldn't be me. I would be someone else. So I make it a point to celebrate my birthday as a queen, despite my forever increasing age, I guess it would never have mattered whether I was 5 or 50.
I remembered since very young I was accustomed to birthday parties. My mum would normally have one for me every year and after I while I guess I sort of demanded for a celebration to be done despite I became older. My father, despite his aging neurons and couldn't care less attitude remembers my birthday most among the other siblings as I would be extremely dramatic if he forgot about it. There was one year when I was 18, we were not in good terms and I sulked real bad that he actually threw me a birthday party at Bangsar Seafood Village just to keep me from disappearing. Okay, I know, I sound like a spoilt brat. I admit I am quite one. Imagine what would happen if boyfriends or special partners forgot my birthday - I do recall some whom I totally ignore up till today for doing so. Yeah, I can be heartless.
This year was so much fun because I received 3 cakes and celebrations went even before the day till the end of the week. Yesterday was another celebration with my family in Kuantan, nice chinese food and banana chocolate cake. Yum. And my sister even got me a birthday present, and my brother promised me a big cat cage to support my new feline hobby. What other gifts did I get? Well my younger sister became my photographer and PA for half a day on my birthday and my dad had early Chillies breakfast with me. My bestfriend gave me Chanel Allure, and another girlfriend gave me Kenzo flower, my business partner gave me a Scottish hamper with Short bread and mint chocolate, pasta and pesto, earl grey tea (YUM YUM), old colleagues at work gave my a teddy bear, my old highschool friend gave me a huge lollipop which would take ages to finish, a guy friend gave me a new handbag and wallet (well actually a RM200 budget which I made full use of) and I received tonnes of wishes and birthday songs - Yes I do feel like a celebrity. Oh and also my business mentor organized the karaoke party which I almost forgot to mention, and some other business friends actually came to spend time with me which was awesome.
Despite my birthday is over, there are still many invites for dinners, lunches and pressies that my friends haven't really had time to pass over to me since I was quite tied up. Yeah, keep them coming :). Its only once a year I'm this spoilt.
October is a wonderful month and I thank God for all that he has given me. I thank him also for keeping me still alive and well, and giving me time and wealth and friends and family that support me. I thank him for the ever strong faith in him and pray that I will never be swayed. Now I'm just praying for a partner that suits me with all my colours to walk down the path of life together (plus the fact that my princesses want an extension of family), Amen.

No comments: