Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BBQ 2008 Wrap up

Well finally its done and over. My BBQ for this year. Yes, after 3 days of preparations, and going through the day itself it is a great relief when its over. Not to say that it didn't go well. It went extremely well.
The concept was mini Italian buffet but for the sake of Raya and perhaps those not so Western tongues, there was a fare of local delicacies such rendang, lemang, peanut sauce and nasi impit. My Italian fare began with entrees such as mixed salad and potato salad (an idea I stole from on of the fine dining restaurants I tried once), then there was my double sauce lasagna and my signature spagetti bolognese. I also made cream marinara sauce to eat with fetuccine or spiralli. Wanted to add in mini pizzas but I was short of time. For the barbeque fare - there was roast beef, slow roast for over 3 hours with chicken, sausages, rosemary lamb and squid. I prepared black pepper sauce and took out some preprepared mint sauce. Didn't quite have time to make mushroom sauce but I guess it was quite menu already. For dessert, there was chocolate moist cake, 5 different types of fruit and home made 'dadih'.
Since it was still October - I also took out a huge 2 kg Barbie cake (yes there was a real barbie doll stuck in the middle of the cake) for my two little princesses. And we sang and blew the candles together and they got to open a few gifts. My two little girls were dressed in nice English style dresses with small flowers and satin ribbons and they looked extremely beautiful.
Around 50 people came to the barbeque, despite the heavy rain during the initial part of the night. My last guest left at 11.30 pm.
I would have to say my thanks to my sisters, my god mum, my good friends who helped make the BBQ a success.

No comments: