Monday, September 28, 2009

Change.........

Its almost the last quarter of the year.... the best time of the year for me definitely. I don't know why, but I am always lucky towards the end of the year. Which is a definite blessing. It has been a very stressful 3rd quarter. Be it in terms of family, relationships, business and finances. I have been juggling a lot of things to the point I think I can take up a side income as a juggler.

Last last year I set up my first company which is Prodigy Works. Its my baby, with a great name, great concept and aspiring future. Unfortunately, my then partner abandoned me half way forcing me to swim on my own. It was torturous but a blessing in disguise. I learnt a lot of things in business in such a short span that perhaps if I took a business degree I wouldn't have learnt so much. My negotiation skills have gone up a par, and I find myself with a renewed confidence of achieving what I had set my heart to do when I resigned from the hospital. The best part is that now I do not need to rely on anyone else but myself - therefore I need not worry being let down by anyone.

Despite my renewed confidence and spirit, tomorrow is one of the hardest decisions I had to make i.e. to close down Prodigy Works. My first company - my baby. But after reviewing all my options and the consequences of all solutions, I guess it is for the best. By end of the week - I need to pack all Prodigy's documents and move them to my home office.

It is time for change and I knew it. With a deep sigh, I drafted the closure letter, placed RM 500 into an envelope and headed home. Tomorrow is another long day of meetings after meetings. Goodbye Prodigy Works, you may be lost but not forgotten.

No comments: