Monday, July 27, 2009

Me, myself and I......

Its has been awhile since I really wrote anything on my blog. Despite whatever, I doubt anyone would really miss I rantings. Who would be interested in a psychodelic chic's inner thoughts that are sometimes highly depressing if not a little too elated.

But writing has always been my passion since a very young age. Almost 4 as I recalled. I was excited to learn how to read as my two elder siblings already started school. I read an average of 16 books a week that made me really wanted to be a writer. My school in Scotland encouraged us to write by asking us to keep journals and write in it every 2-3 days, slowly allowing us to express our likes and dislikes, our views and fears. It was the most significant part of learning that I remembered because writing always gave me that thrill, and being called up by Mrs Brown to share your story with the whole class was double the excitement. Those were the days, definitely. How I wish I could give my kids the sort of education I was exposed to before or better.

But that was not the real reason why I'm writing this entry today. I am writing this today to remind myself of who I am. To tell myself, hey girl, why the fake smile? It should be real. Enough on unhappiness, enough of mourning and enough of buying black shirts and sitting alone in the dark. And most importantly, enough of relying on other people to make me happy. I control my own destiny, I decide what will affect me and what will not.

Great people are people who are not afraid to face anything and who are willing to accept change. I want to be a great person myself. I pray to God day and night to give me patience to go through whatever he has planned for me.

So from today onwards, I refuse to succumb to any unhappiness feeling I have inside. I will use my overactive brain to think of a creative channel to get rid of any unhappy feelings. I need to buy myself a new mirror since the old one broke one night because every morning I will tell myself what a superb person I am and that God loves me and I love me.

Perhaps I should consider starting my mini-M project that I planned before..

No comments: